Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Birth control without hair loss side effect?

Besides condoms, is there any other form of birth control that doesn't have the side effect of hair loss? I already have experienced hair loss due to another matter and I cannot afford to lose any more nor do I wanna get pregnant! This would have to be something without hormones then, I guess. So I'm not sure if anything exists for what I am asking for.



Any answers/suggestions would be appreciated...thanks!Birth control without hair loss side effect?
I've never heard of this before. This website http://www.hairlosstreatmentforbaldness.

claims that it's the ANDROGEN (male hormone) in some contraceptives that causes the hair loss. So presumably BC without androgen would not cause it. But you need to consult your doctor.Birth control without hair loss side effect?
I wasn't aware that hair loss was a side effect. I have been on 4 different types of birthcontrol (3 kinds of pill and now mirena IUD) and I have never experienced hair loss.
There is something called an iud that is non hormonal. It is inserted in your uterus at the Dr.'s office and prevents an egg from planting in your uterus. Here's a website on it and other froms of b/c such as family planning, which monitors your cycle and you just don't have sex when you are ovulating.

http://www.vaginapagina.com/index.php?ti

Edit: It has info on spermicide, foam and things of that nature too.
There are copper IUD's that are not hormonal they can place in the cervix but I believe for that one you have to have had a child already but I'm not sure. I would talk to planned parenthood or visit their website. They have a lot of information on the various forms of birth control and their potential side effects etc.
  • natural facial
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment